Authentication of Thai Documents
- Required Documentation
- Legalization application (1 copy)
- Thai national ID card or valid Thai passport (Original plus 1 copy)
- Document that requires authenticating (Original plus 2 copies)
- In person: Documentation can be handed in on a business day at the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles between the hours of 9 AM and 12 PM and can be picked up the same business day after 3:00 PM.
- By mail:
- Have your filled legalization application notarized by a notary public or using the Notary Public Form provided by the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles (download below)
- Mail in all of the documents listed above along with the necessary fees in a stamped envelope with your return address clearly written on it to the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles
- The Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles will take one business day counting from the day it receives your mailed documents. The amount of time it takes for you to receive your official documents back depends on stamp costs and type of mail service used. The Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles is not responsible for any mail that is lost in transit.
The Royal Thai Consulate General Los Angeles may authenticate official Thai documents for Thai citizens that reside in the following thirteen (13) states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming as well as all of the unincorporated territories of the United States in the Pacific such as Guam. Due to regulations concerning the authentication of Thai documents, Thai documents may only be authenticated by the government agency/ministry that issued them in order to verify their legitimacy. Hence, if the document in question is not issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand or by the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles, the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles will have full discretion in authenticating that document and verifying its legitimacy.
$15 per official seal. Payable only with a money order or cashier’s check to the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles. Cannot be paid with cash, personal check, or credit/debit card.