Authentication of US Documents
The Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles will only authenticate official US documents which are issued or have already been certified by the United States Department of State. (Information on document certification by the Department of State can be found at http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth)
2. Required Documentation
- Legalization application (1 copy) (Download)
- Document that requires authentication, which has already been certified by the U.S. Department of State (Original plus 1 copy)
- Thai National ID Card or valid Thai passport, or in the case of a non-Thai citizen, state issued ID/driver’s license or valid passport
$15 per official seal. Payable only with a money order or cashier’s check to the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles. Cannot be paid with cash, personal check, or credit/debit card.
• In person: Documentation can be handed in on a business day at the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles between the hours of 9 AM and 12 PM and can be picked up the same business day after 3:00 PM.
• By mail:
- Have your filled legalization application and copy of your valid Thai National ID Card/ Thai passport (for Thai nationals) or valid foreign passport or state issued ID/driver’s license/ (for other nationals) notarized by a notary public (Download) or using the Notary Public Form provided by the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles
- Mail in all of the documents in No. 2 along with notarized by-mail required documents, and the necessary fees in a stamped envelope with your return address clearly written on it to the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles
- The Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles will take one business day counting from the day it receives your mailed documents. The amount of time it takes for you to receive your official documents back depends on stamp costs and type of mail service used. The Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles is not responsible for any mail that is lost in transit.