Authentication of US Documents
- Required Documentation
- Legalization application (1 copy)
- Document that requires authentication, which has already been certified by the U.S. Department of State (Original plus 1 copy)
- Thai National ID Card or valid Thai passport, or in the case of a non-Thai citizen, state issued ID/driver’s license or valid passport
- In person: Documentation can be handed in on a business day at the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles between the hours of 9 AM and 12 PM and can be picked up the same business day after 3:00 PM.
- By mail:
- Mail in all of the documents listed above along with the necessary fees in a stamped envelope with your return address clearly written on it to the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles
- The Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles will take one business day counting from the day it receives your mailed documents. The amount of time it takes for you to receive your official documents back depends on stamp costs and type of mail service used. The Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles is not responsible for any mail that is lost in transit.
The Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles will only authenticate official US documents which are issued or have already been certified by the United States Department of State. (Information on document certification by the Department of State can be found at http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth)
$15 per official seal. Payable only with a money order or cashier’s check to the Royal Thai Consulate General, Los Angeles. Cannot be paid with cash, personal check, or credit/debit card.