NON-Thai national who are spouses, parents or children of Thai nationals.
Step 1 – Online e-Visa Application
The applicant who does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit must apply for a visa by:
1) complete the Online e-Visa Application “Click here”; and
2) upload the following documents :
1. Two passport-size photographs (2″x2″ – JPEG format)
Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person
without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.
Photos must be taken within 6 months. (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted).
2. A copy of Passport (must not expire within 6 months)
3. A copy of flight confirmation/ reservation, showing going from US to Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)
4. A copy of recent bank statement ($700 per person and $1,500 per family)
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly),
In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship.
(i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
5. A copy of spouse’s / parent’s Thai passport or Thai Identification card.
6. A Marriage Certificate / Birth Certificate.
– Thai marriage / birth certificate — > Only Thai document is accepted, do not upload the English translation.
– US marriage / birth certificate
7. The letter from your spouse indicated that you both are still married and he/she acknowledges of your visit.
8. (Former Thai citizen) – A proof of Thai citizen such as Thai passport or Thai identification card.
9. (Non-US citizen) – A copy of permanent resident card or a copy of valid US visa with a letter proof of employment.
10. (Minor under 20 years old) – Please provide all following documents :
10.1 Copy of a birth certificate
10.2 Copy of marriage certificate, In case of sole custody notarized copy of the court order, must be provided.
10.3 Copy of passports or ID of mother and father/ legal guardian
10.4 Original letter of notarized consent for the minor to travel abroad from mother and father/ legal guardian.
All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by
certified English translations and certified by an embassy only.
Additional information on other required documents can be found here. (Click here)
Please note : Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents
as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application
without having to provide reason.
Processing time : minimum 15 business days
Fee – $80 for single entry (3 months)
– $200 for multiple entries (1 year)
Step 2 – Submit the e-appointment slip and Passport
Upon completion of an online visa application from the applicant, the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles will review the application.
The application must submit the e-appointment slip with barcode reference no. and Passport to the Royal Thai Consulate-General by mail (only) / No walk-in allow. together with Self-addressed return envelope
– by these following mail service USPS (US Postal Service) or Express Mail Service
– use only flat rate mailing envelope with postage stamp.
(Metered stamps is not accepted)
Please write your name clearly and record your tracking number of return mail for future reference.
We will not provide tracking number information.
Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles
611 North Larchmont Blvd. 2nd FL.,
Los Angeles, California 90004
Step 3 – Certificate of Entry
If you already have a valid visa/re-entry permit,
please request the Certificate of Entry – COE through Thailand’s COE Registration System at :
Fill in the online application for COE at least 15 working days before the intend date of travel.
Please note that the documents required are :
1. Passport and visa or re-entry permit.
2. A Medical Insurance policy summary.
— > Only insurance policy with details, do not upload the insurance card.
The insurance should have the following details information :
– Medical costs that cover COVID-19 treatment in Thailand;
– Period of the insurance policy ( start … / end … ) and cover the period of stay in Thailand;
– Minimum coverage of 100,000 USD (or equivalent in other currencies) of medical costs.
– Confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine directly from the hotel.
– Reservation from Booking.com is not applicable.
4. A copy of flight confirmation/ reservation, showing going from US to Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)
How to filled in the form ? See the instruction below:
Step 4 – Download ” ThailandPlus Application “
Step 5 – At the departure airport
The approved applicant is required to present :
A “Certificate of Entry into the Kingdom of Thailand” received from COE online system.
A “Fit to Fly Health Certificate” issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
3. COVID Test
A Medical certificate with RT-PCR laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected.
A Medical certificate should be issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
Booking of Alternative State Quarantine
Step 6 – Upon entry to Thailand
Travelers arriving in Thailand during the COVID-19 pandemic must present the following documents:
1. COE and Declaration Form.
2. Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected,
using RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
3. Fit-to-fly/Fit-to-travel Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
Step 7 – If granted entry :
Traveler must go through 14 days of Alternative State Quarantine.
*** The applicant must arrange their own 14-day Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) at their own expenses.
More information, including list of permitted hotels (in Thai) can be found here at http://hsscovid.com
17 Feb. 2021