– Suspended –
Non-Thai nationals in need of medical treatment in Thailand including their accompanying persons.
The applicant that in need of medical treatment in Thailand, except for treatment of COVID-19 must upload the following documents:
Applicant contacts hospital in Thailand that has been approved by the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) to receive foreign patients and quarantine foreign patient and send a request to the Department of Health Service Support (HSS), along with
(1.1) Confirmation Letter
(1.2) Affidavit of Support
(1.3) Summary Form of Vehicles for Patients and other related documents such as a passport.
If approved, HSS will send the list of approved patients and accompanying family members to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to inform the Embassy to issue a Certificate of Entry (COE) and visa.
The applicant contact the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles by following the procedures below.
Step 1 – Online e-Visa Application
The applicant who does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit must apply for a visa by:
1) complete the Online e-Visa Application “Click here”; and
2) upload the following documents in PDF format :
1. Two passport-size photographs (2″x2″ – JPEG format)
Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person
without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.
Photos must be taken within 6 months. (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted).
2. A copy of Passport (must not expire within 6 months)
3. A copy of flight confirmation/ reservation, showing going from US to Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)
4. A copy of recent bank statement ($700 per person and $1,500 per family)
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly),
In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship.
(i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
5. A letter from the hospital or Medical Facility in Thailand indicating medical purpose, duration of treatment,
and AHQ1 form approved by the Ministry of Public Health.
6. AHQ – Booking of Alternative Hospital Quarantine
*Letter of certification from the hospital in Thailand confirming the admission of the patient and
arrangement of quarantine within the hospital for the period of at least 14 days
(for the patient and their attendants)*
**The patient can be accompanied by 3 people at maximum and they need to be quarantined at
the same hospital as the patient and the period of their stay in Thailand needs to be at least 14 days**
7. Copy of Confirmation Letter with the stamp from MOPH (Letter of certification from the hospital in Thailand
confirming the admission of the patient and arrangement of quarantine within the hospital for the period
of at least 14 days (for the patient and their attendants)).
8. Copy of Affidavit of Support Letter with the stamp from MOPH (for family members).
9. For non-US citizen, a copy of permanent resident card.
Please note : Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents
as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application
without having to provide reason.
Processing time : minimum 15 business days
Fee – $40 for single entry (3 months)
To remind : Your visa request may be denied when:
(1) upload unprepared documents and photo;
(2) information uploaded does not meet requirement; and
(3) applying for wrong visa.
Step 2 – Submit the e-appointment slip and Passport
Upon completion of an online visa application from the applicant, the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles will review the application.
The applicants must submit the following documents to
the Royal Thai Consulate-General by mail (only) / No walk-ins allow :
(1) Signed e-appointment slip with barcode reference no.
(3) Self-addressed return envelope
– by these following mail service USPS (US Postal Service) or Express Mail Service
– use only flat rate mailing envelope with postage stamp.
(Metered stamps is not accepted)
Please write your name clearly and record your tracking number of return mail for future reference.
We will not provide tracking number information.
Mailing address :
The Royal Thai Consulate do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss.
Step 3 – Certificate of Entry
If you already have a valid visa/ re-entry permit,
please request the Certificate of Entry – COE through Thailand’s COE Registration System at :
Fill in the online application for COE at least 15 working days before the intend date of travel.
Please note that the documents required are :
1. Passport and visa or re-entry permit.
2. A Medical Insurance policy summary.
— > Only insurance policy with details, do not upload the insurance card.
The insurance should have the following details information :
– Medical costs that cover COVID-19 treatment in Thailand;
– Period of the insurance policy ( start … / end … ) and cover the period of stay in Thailand;
– Minimum coverage of 100,000 USD (or equivalent in other currencies) of medical costs.
– Confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine directly from the hotel.
– Reservation from Booking.com is not applicable.
4. A copy of flight confirmation/ reservation, showing going from US to Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)
How to filled in the form ? See the instruction below:
Step 4 – Download ” ThailandPlus ” Application
Step 5 – At the departure airport / upon entry to Thailand.
The approved applicant is required to present :
A “Certificate of Entry into the Kingdom of Thailand” received from COE online system.
2. COVID Test
A Medical certificate with RT-PCR laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected.
A Medical certificate should be issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
3. Vaccine Record Card (if any)
Booking of Alternative State Quarantine
31 Mar. 2021/ KS