Important Information for Foreigners Staying in Thailand More Than 90 Days
Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days
The foreigner who has stayed in the Kingdom of Thailand over 90 days must notify his residence to immigration officer every 90 days.
– The foreigner who staying in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Phathumthani must notify at counter 3 , Bangkok Immigration Department ,The Immigration Bureau. [Click Here for Official Current Information]
– Other (staying up country) must notify at any immigration in his area.
– Download Thai Immigration Form [Download Here]
The Fine : In case of not notifying.
– On condition that the foreigner comes to inform the officer on their own, the fine not be less than 2,000 Baht.
– If fail to notify and be arrested the fine must be at least 4,000 Baht. And with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.
Procedure and notification
- The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
- The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
- The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
- The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.
- The first application for extention of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days
Notification by registered mail
- Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)
- Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)
- Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
- Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47
- Envelop with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM.47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
- The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner. Send the mail to
90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206
BANGKOK IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT
507 SOI.SUANPLU, SOUTH SATHORN RD.,
THUNGMAHAMEK , SATHORN
- Form TM.47 (Download from www.immigration.go.th )
- The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension
- If a foreigner staying in the Kingdom over 90 days without notifying the immigration bureau or notifying the immigration bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000 Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
- If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters , the day count starts at 0 in every case.
- For detail contact 0-2285-5142, 0-2287-3101-10 ext. 2262, 2263
โปรดติดประกาศนี้ ในบริเวณที่สามารถสังเกตได้อย่างชัดเจน เพื่อประชาสัมพันธ์ให้บุคคลต่างด้าวทราบ