Non – Immigrant Visa (O) (Family member)
Purpose of visit : to stay with family in Thailand as :
1. A person who used to have Thai nationality and wish to visit Thai relatives or to return to live in Thailand.
2. A person who enters to stay temporarily in Thailand in accordance with Section 34 (1) (2) (5) (6) (7) (10) (11)
(12) (13) and (14) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) as
– the parents, spouse or child under patronage; or
– being a part of the household of the said person; or
– being a private servant under Section 15 (7).
3. A person who provide or receive support from the person whose nationality is Thai or the alien who has been
granted and has taken up permanent residence in Thailand as the parents, spouse or child under patronage
and being a part of the household of the said person.
Required documents :
1. Actual Passport or Travel Document.
(must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
2. Passport-size photographs (2″x2″)
– Photographs must have a light color background.
– Full-face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.
– Photos must be taken within 6 months.
3. Flight confirmation / reservation, showing going from US to Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.)
4. Recent bank statement
– $700 per person and $1,500 per family
– The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.
– In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship
(i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
5. A former Thai citizen, proof of Thai citizen such as Thai passport or Thai identification card.
6. Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand.
6.1 Thai spouse / children — > please provide proof of relationship as :
– spouse –> a marriage certificate.
–> letter indicated that you both are still married and he/she acknowledge of your visit.
– children –> a birth certificate.
–> letter acknowledge of your visit.
6.2 Foreign spouse / children — > please provide proof of relationship as :
– spouse –> a marriage certificate;
–> a valid visa;
–> a valid work permit.
– children –> a birth certificate;
–> a valid visa;
–> a letter from educational institution.
7. Non-US citizen
– a copy of permanent resident card (green card); or
– a valid US visa with a letter proof of employment, or a letter proof of full-time student status.
8. For self-employed, pls provided business license or business registration
indicating the applicant’s name.
9. For minor under 20 years old, please provide following documents :
– Notarized copy of a birth certificate; and
– Notarized copy of marriage certificate.
10. In case of sole custody notarized copy of court order must be provided :
– Notarized copy or original of mother and father/ legal guardian’s passports or ID; and
– Original letter of notarized consent from mother and father/ legal guardian for the minor to travel abroad.
11. For Nigerian nationalities and passport holders:
– Certificate of Clearance from NDLEA; and
– authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Nigeria; and
– authenticated by the Royal Thai Consulate in Abuja, Nigeria.
12. Application using passports from Afghanistan and Iraq:
– Visa application and supporting documentation must be forwarded to
Thailand for visa approval.
– Processing time is a minimum of three weeks.
13. All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by
certified English translations and certified by an embassy only.
Step 1 – Apply e-Visa application online
Please registered at https://thaievisa.go.th – click here.
Upon completion of an online visa application from the applicant,
the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles will review the application.
Step 2 – Submit documents
Once complete e-Visa application, the application must submit :
1. e-appointment slip with barcode reference no.
3. Self-addressed return envelope
– by these following mail service USPS (US Postal Service) or Express Mail Service
– use only flat rate mailing envelope with postage stamp. (Metered stamps is not accepted)
– Please write your name clearly and record your tracking number of return mail for future reference.
– We will not provide tracking number information.
Mailing address :
No walk-ins allowed.
The Royal Thai Consulate do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss.
Processing time : minimum 15 business days / expedited service is not available.
Fee – $80 for single entry
– $200 for multiple entry
– the fee is not refundable in any cases.
Validity of a visa :
– Single entry = 3 months
– Multiple entry = 1 year
– A visa becomes effective from the date of issuance.
– Do not apply for the visa too early.
– If you apply too early the visa may expire before your trip and you will have to re-apply.
Please note :
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents
as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application
without having to provide reason.
12 Mar 2021 / KS.