Purpose of visit : to enter for tourism purposes
Required documents :
1. Actual Passport or Travel Document.
(must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
2. Passport-size photographs (2″x2″)
– Photographs must have a light color background.
– Full-face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.
– Photos must be taken within 6 months.
3. Flight confirmation / reservation, showing going from US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.)
4. Recent bank statement
– $700 per person and $1,500 per family
– The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.
– In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship
(i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
5. Non-US citizen
– a copy of permanent resident card (green card); or
– a valid US visa with a letter proof of employment, or a letter proof of full-time student status.
6. For self-employed, pls provided business license or business registration
indicating the applicant’s name.
7. For minor under 20 years old, please provide following documents :
– Notarized copy of a birth certificate; and
– Notarized copy of marriage certificate.
8. In case of sole custody notarized copy of court order must be provided :
– Notarized copy or original of mother and father/ legal guardian’s passports or ID; and
– Original letter of notarized consent from mother and father/ legal guardian for the minor to travel abroad.
9. For Nigerian nationalities and passport holders:
– Certificate of Clearance from NDLEA; and
– authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Nigeria; and
– authenticated by the Royal Thai Consulate in Abuja, Nigeria.
10. Application using passports from Afghanistan and Iraq:
– Visa application and supporting documentation must be forwarded to
Thailand for visa approval.
– Processing time is a minimum of three weeks.
11. All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by
certified English translations and certified by an embassy only.
Step 1 – Apply e-Visa application online
Please registered at https://thaievisa.go.th – click here.
Upon completion of an online visa application from the applicant,
the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles will review the application.
Step 2 – Submit documents
Once complete e-Visa application, the application must submit :
1. e-appointment slip with barcode reference no.
3. Self-addressed return envelope
– by these following mail service USPS (US Postal Service) or Express Mail Service
– use only flat rate mailing envelope with postage stamp. (Metered stamps is not accepted)
– Please write your name clearly and record your tracking number of return mail for future reference.
– We will not provide tracking number information.
Mailing address :
No walk-ins allowed.
The Royal Thai Consulate do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss.
Processing time : minimum 15 business days / expedited service is not available.
Fee – $40 for single entry
– the fee is not refundable in any cases.
Validity of a visa : 3 months
– A visa becomes effective from the date of issuance.
– Do not apply for the visa too early.
– If you apply too early the visa may expire before your trip and you will have to re-apply.
Please note :
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents
as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application
without having to provide reason.
12 Mar 2021 / KS.