Non – Immigrant Visa (O) (Volunteer)
Purpose of visit : to perform volunteering duties (without paid) for
the state enterprise, social welfare organizations,
NGO, or other non-profit organisations/
foundations and associations.
Required documents :
1. Actual Passport or Travel Document.
(must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
2. Passport-size photographs (2″x2″)
– Photographs must have a light color background.
– Full-face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.
– Photos must be taken within 6 months.
3. Flight confirmation / reservation, showing going from US to Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.)
4. Recent bank statement
– $700 per person and $1,500 per family
– The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.
– In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship
(i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
5. Official letter certifying the purpose of duties and period of time from the organisation.
6. The organisation’s registration certificate.
7. A copy of Thai ID card or passport of head of the organization.
8. A copy of work permit if the head of NGO organization is a foreigner.
9. Non-US citizen
– a copy of permanent resident card (green card).
10. For minor under 20 years old, please provide following documents :
– Notarized copy of a birth certificate; and
– Notarized copy of marriage certificate.
11. In case of sole custody notarized copy of court order must be provided :
– Notarized copy or original of mother and father/ legal guardian’s passports or ID; and
– Original letter of notarized consent from mother and father/ legal guardian for the minor to travel abroad.
12. For Nigerian nationalities and passport holders:
– Certificate of Clearance from NDLEA; and
– authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Nigeria; and
– authenticated by the Royal Thai Consulate in Abuja, Nigeria.
13. Application using passports from Afghanistan and Iraq:
– Visa application and supporting documentation must be forwarded to
Thailand for visa approval.
– Processing time is a minimum of three weeks.
15. All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by
certified English translations and certified by an embassy only.
Step 1 – Apply e-Visa application online
Please registered at https://thaievisa.go.th – click here.
Upon completion of an online visa application from the applicant,
the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles will review the application.
Step 2 – Submit documents
Once complete e-Visa application, the application must submit :
1. e-appointment slip with barcode reference no.
3. Self-addressed return envelope
– by these following mail service USPS (US Postal Service) or Express Mail Service
– use only flat rate mailing envelope with postage stamp. (Metered stamps is not accepted)
– Please write your name clearly and record your tracking number of return mail for future reference.
– We will not provide tracking number information.
Mailing address :
No walk-ins allowed.
The Royal Thai Consulate do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss.
Processing time : minimum 15 business days / expedited service is not available.
Fee – $80 for single entry
– the fee is not refundable in any cases.
Validity of a visa :
– Single entry = 3 months
– A visa becomes effective from the date of issuance.
– Do not apply for the visa too early.
– If you apply too early the visa may expire before your trip and you will have to re-apply.
Please note :
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents
as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application
without having to provide reason.
12 Mar 2021 / KS.